Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cabbage Soup Detox Diary- Day 4-7 (see Day 1-3 in the previous post)

Day 4: BANANAS AND MILK!!! (thank god I love bananas)
For breakfast I made a banana, skim milk, and yogurt smoothie. It was the most sugar I've had in 3 days and my heart was beating out of my chest! Maybe shoulda not put in the yogurt:/. For my main food all day I had the throw up soup.....oddly it tasted really good after all that sugar...so I'm not gonna call it that anymore, I guess. The awesome thing about this day is I could go visit a friend and drink coffee with almond milk and eat bananas for hours. I'm a creature of habit and two situations are synonymous with munching...visiting with friends and watching a movie.

Challenge: I get the summer blues (and yes, that is a real thing.....thankyouveryfuckingmuch, "therapists"). Today I was down and I think it had something to do with the sugar aspect. If you have a sensitivity to sugar I suggest skipping the yogurt and maybe limiting yourself to 5 bananas. Spread it out by making a big batch of banana smoothies (skim milk, ice, bananas, titch of water mixed with sugar substitute) and sip on that all day. Eat a ton of the cabbage soup to give you the chewing satisfaction.

Day 5: PROTEIN AND TOMATOES!!! (changed the cabbage soup a bit today by adding chilies and veggie stock instead of chicken stock.....spicy;)
Actually, either I've turned into a pod person or this soup is growing on me...looking a little less throw uppey.

Oh how I've been looking forward to this one! I love grilled chicken! My plan was to grill up some chicken and maters and eat chicken all fucking day. Fired up the grill, put the chicken on, came back to flip them and what do ya know?....raw bird. Completely out of gas:(. For lunch I had to eat tuna from the pouch rather quickly as the cats circled me menacingly. For dinner, though, I added ground beef to the cabbage soup and I SWEAR it tasted like spaghetti!!! Of course, at this point I might be a tad delusional.

Challenge: Honestly, I wasn't all that challenged today. My blues are better (sugar really is the devil's doing) and I wasn't even tempted by the pancakes I made the boys for dinner....and I make some pretty rad pancakes.

DAY 6: PROTEIN AND VEGGIES (notice no exclamation marks)
I had dental work today and had some....other personal issues came up so this day was difficult. Basically I did the same thing I did yesterday only with SURPRISE asparagus. Still, I took the boys to get ice cream and I wasn't tempted:). One more day to go.

Day 7: Fruit, Veggies, and Juices!!! (welcome back, my beloved watermelon)
Breakfast was frozen dark cherries, warmed in the microwave for a minute and cranberry juice. Lunch: see "challenge" below. Dinner: cabbage soup, veggie burger, frozen cherries. And I wasn't even hungry during the hungry hours (7-10). BOOM!

Challenge: I had a teacher training to go to today and everyone knows that bowls of miniature candy on every fucking table go hand in hand with teacher trainings. A little relocation of the mini chocolate sirens and I was perfectly fine....until the guy that sat next to me relocated them back to my side and continued to munch on them all day. Asshole. No really, he was nice. His chocolate breath blowing on me every time he spoke was something I could have done without but whatever. Another challenge-lunch! I forgot that I had given my son the house key when I dropped him with his Grandma this morning. When I arrived at my house on lunch break I was ready to eat my weight in cabbage soup. Yep. Didn't even occur to me that I couldn't get it the damn house. I ran to the store and bought some fruit cups to eat at the afternoon training......of course I forgot the fact that I would need some kind of utensil with which to eat the fruit. Not a good memory day.

Overall Result: 
Never been a fan of scales so I have no idea how much weight I lost but since that wasn't the point from the get go I'm not heart broken. In general, I feel great! Also, the size 10 bathing suit I bought before I did the detox is now too big, so THERE! I'm a little trepidatious about what's going to happen from now on. So, I decided to do the Jillian Michael's detox tea for the next week (because it's a good detox tea and because she's my gay role model). I'm going to try to eat like a normal person and drink the tea at the same time. The idea of making my body healthy is even more appealing now that I know how easy it can be. Really, this week hasn't been all that difficult. I never starved (except for maybe on the all veggie day) and I never got bored with it. "Very doable" is my official stance on the cabbage soup detox. Thumbs up!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment